πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά: Mad Honey, by Jodi Picoult & Jennifer Finney Boyaln

Mad Honey

Jodi Picoult has long been an auto-buy author for me, and this pairing w/ Jennifer Finney Boylan - what a powerhouse!

This novel captured my heart from the very first sentence and had me glued until the last. I can always count on Ms. Picoult to offer new perspective, to raise questions about controversial topics, and to leave me more enlightened than before. And I would say she and Ms. Finney Boylan have accomplished just that.

Readers are taken on a journey that shows the best in people, the worst in people, and the fine line that separates it all. I, much like Lily, have always sought to believe people's goodness, but have often been disappointed to discover that people aren't always whom I expect them to be.

"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 π’Šπ’π’„π’π’π’„π’†π’Šπ’—π’‚π’ƒπ’π’†, π’Šπ’‡ π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 π’Šπ’•, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’„π’π’Žπ’‘π’π’†π’™ π’˜π’‚π’š 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’„π’π’Žπ’† 𝒖𝒑 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’ƒπ’†π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’‰π’π’“π’“π’Šπ’ƒπ’π’† 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓."

Not only do readers learn fascinating information about bees and their intricacies (which is a brilliant metaphor in this story), but there is so much more to unpack in this novel.

Many thanks to Penguin Random House and Net Galley for gifting me with this advanced reader's copy - I am under no obligation to review this book, but I just couldn't wait to share my thoughts on it!

Read 10/5/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...