๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: Distant Shores, by Kristin Hannah

Distant Shores
Is this really a book by Kristin Hannah, one of my favorite authors of all time? I am just baffled. The novel was frustrating, the characters underdeveloped and oh so clichรฉd, and the storyline wholly predictable and elementary at best.

I know, super harsh, right? Honestly, if it had been her debut novel, or even one of her earliest novels, I could understand, but she had begun writing novels 11 years prior to this one. Clearly, it took a long time to hone her craft.

I will admit, one of my least favorite topics in a novel is infidelity, and my second least favorite is ingratitude. So, I'm certain that had a lot to do with my assessment of this novel, as it was laden with both. But honestly, there were few redemptive elements to this story, even aside from those personal hot-button topics.

So if, like me, Kristin Hannah is an auto-buy author for you, I'd definitely recommend you skip this one!

Read 10/30/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...