๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: Angels of the Resistance: A WWII Novel, by Noelle Salazar

Angels of the Resistance: A WWII Novel

Many thanks to partners TLC Book Tours, Mira Books, and HTP for this gifted ARC.

Surprisingly, this is the second book I've read this week about WWII in the Netherlands, and prior to these two, I had never known anything about the level of involvement of this country. I'll be honest about my ignorance: I truly thought the Netherlands had no part in WWII at all since they declared neutrality, but I am shocked at the extent of what occurred. This novel is certainly worth your time to glean information about a country that is rarely spoken about with regard to the second world war, and the level of resistance that took place. As with any good historical fiction novel, it propelled me to research even further and I was impressed that Noelle Salazar really did her homework. I'm shocked that this is only her second novel!

I absolutely loved the heart in this story. The sisters' bond and commitment to one another was beautiful - what a tribute to the Oversteegen sisters. The characters were well fleshed out and the inclusion of the ten Booms was just so awesome.

Bravo Ms. Salazar! Your work is impressive!

Read 12/10/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...