Leave it to Kate Thompson to uncover all the wartime bookish history! Every time I pick up one of her books, I know that I will be immediately transported. While her stories often delve into the harsh realities of the past, there's a sense of hope that shines through. and I truly relish her stories. I've been fortunate enough that Read Forever Publishing has gifted all three of her latest novels focused on bookish themes during World War II, and I can honestly say I've never been disappointed. Her research is impeccable as always, and can we just rave about the gorgeous covers???!!!
In this particular story, we are privy to 2 concurrent and heartbreaking narratives - one unfolds in Poland and the other in England during the occupation. Joyce and Dorotha, both librarians and cherished friends, find their lives turned upside down by the war. In a story as compelling as it is tragic, I found myself cheering out loud for these courageous women who risked it all for the love of books and the pursuit of freedom.
Read 7/24/26
No comments:
Post a Comment