I must somehow communicate the importance of this optimally researched book! If ever you have ever racked your brain to understand how this administration rose to power with the help of the Christian right, this is an absolute must-read. @robertpjonesdc , a theologian and social scientist with endless credentials, has crafted a timely and effective depiction of the chaos we're experiencing, shedding light on how it has intensified. The writing is so accessible and the data is absolutely fascinating. I especially appreciate the clever double meaning of the title, *Backslide*, which captures the regression in both moral standards and democratic ideals.
I wholeheartedly encourage everyone, regardless of their faith or lack thereof, to pick up this book to fully grasp the current state of our nation. It lays out the ways in which our democracy is faltering and the historical and cultural context that brought us here.
As I read, I found myself nodding along to so much of what Mr. Jones shares. We are living in a pivotal moment where the choices we make now could either lead to serious consequences or guide us back to a righteous path. Don't miss out on this eye-opening book!
Many thanks to partners, @stmartinspress and @netgalley for sharing this critical review e-copy!
Read 9/15/26
No comments:
Post a Comment