๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ Marking Time, by April White

Somehow, I keep getting lured into these deeply discounted Audible books in genres I'd never otherwise consider. I honestly have little interest in vampires and werewolves. Mix in wars between "immortals", and a little parkour for flavor, and you've gone way off my chosen path. However, in an effort to read outside my comfort zone, I dove in to this time travel tale; and surprisingly, it wasn't half-bad! The time travel seemed a bit disjointed, the accents and slang were slightly desultory, and some of the characters could've been more fully developed; yet I must admit, it was enjoyable. I specifically savored the historical fiction aspect of it; the author did her homework, and worked hard to meld her story with that of Jack the Ripper, the Cotton Wharf Fire, and even a dab of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde... quite entertaining!

Read 1/19/15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...