๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation, by Kristin Kobes Du Mez

Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation
Okay, okay, don't @ me just yet... I have struggled big-time on whether or not to post this review, hence the reason it's a throwback. I read it a year ago and just didn't want to raise a ruckus. But don't unfollow me just yet... please hear me out...

I will be the first to admit, the title is a bit off-putting. I have absolutely NOTHING against Evangelicals. I am a Christian myself, and respect ALL denominations and religions. Your journey with your maker is just that, YOUR JOURNEY! So you won't find any judgment here. To that end, do I feel like the author could have reached a wider audience with a different title? Absolutely.

Next up, the historical facts. I learned A LOT from this book about things that can not be denied - events in our history that actually happened. That was the most fascinating part for me. Is there other content in here that could be refuted? Absolutely. Some of it is objective, and Trump supporters will disagree with much of this novel - I'll just warn you now.

HOWEVER, if you are open to trying to understand ALL sides, and if you are willing to put aside any pre-conceived political notions, this book is truly fascinating. I had no idea about half of the historical facts that I actually lived through but was honestly too young to understand. I could see how much of this came to pass, and I now understand how and why Trump came to office.

That is all I will say about that. I'm not trying to start any political discussions. I do not want any controversy. I just think that with an incredibly important vote coming up in less than a month, it is important to know ALL sides! And this book will give you insight from a historian that did her homework.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk!
Read 12/29/21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...