๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: Joan: A Novel of Joan of Arc, Katherine J. Chen

Joan: A Novel of Joan of Arc
Let me first begin by stating that this is a SECULAR historical FICTION novel. This book does not purport to be a true account of Joan of ARC. Therefore, because it is not a factual story, I struggled with the negative reviews inferring it was heretical. I found the story unique and engaging. I enjoyed the imaginative twist and appreciated the author's excellent writing. Not once did it make me waiver in my faith or reconsider the accurate details of Joan of Arc's life, because I understand the difference between fact and fiction.

So, although this may be an unpopular opinion, I truly enjoyed this book, as much as I have other fictional novels.

Many thanks to partners, @NetGalley and @randomhouse for this #gifted e-copy.

Read 6/9/23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...