👶👶👶👶👶: Animal Liberation Now: The Definitive Classic Renewed, by Peter Singer

Animal Liberation Now: The Definitive Classic Renewed  
Okay, @harperperennial , I see you🧐: sending me these books that make me overthink. Have you discovered that I am THAT person that will take it 100% to heart❤️? Ugh😩, I'm so grateful to you for this #gifted review copy, but I'm also now rethinking everything I've ever known about meat consumption and animal research to this point.

First and foremost, I'd like to send a big heartfelt 🎉CONGRATULATIONS🎉 to @peter__singer for entering into your last semester as a Princeton professor! I hope your students recognize how fortunate they are to have you as an instructor!

Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty. I have always been conscientious when it comes to the meats I purchase for our consumption. I have, for many years, purchased pasture-raised chicken and eggs, humanely-raised beef, and sustainable, wild-caught fish. But let me tell you something, this book offers inarguable facts, impeccably-researched claims, and an all-out jaw-opening, airtight case for animal welfare and rights. Some chapters are quite graphic while sharing the gruesome reality of what these poor animals go through in modern-day meat processing and animal research.

Disagree with the concept? I DARE you to read this book cover to cover and tell me how you can refute it. I'm all ears, trust me, because right now, my mind is blown🤯.

My biggest frustration? I haven't had meat since I finished the book on Saturday. Don't laugh - I've never considered veganism until now. In other words- this book is kick-ass, and I'm left at a crossroads🤷‍♀️.

Read 8/31/23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

👶👶👶👶👶: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...