๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Wharton Plot, by Mariah Fredericks

The Wharton Plot
I'm always a sucker for a good historical fiction story set during the Gilded Age. All the money, glitz, and glamour provide such a rich setting for rich people behaving badly! And Mariah Fredericks definitely nailed it with this novel!

I honestly didn't expect a murder mystery when I picked this one up - those aren't the type of novels I gravitate toward. However, Ms. Fredericks really kept me glued to the pages with this one. Of course, as soon as I finished this novel, which is based on a true story, I went down a rabbit hole researching all of the characters she touched on - what a fascinating group she brought together in this book!

And who doesn't love a story about authors! I've honestly never even heard of Edith Wharton or David Graham Phillips until now๐Ÿ™ˆ, so I was certainly captivated.

Looking for a book filled with intrigue and suspense based on a true story about two authors? Here's your ticket!

Many thank to partner, Minotaur Books and NetGalley, for this gifted review copy!

Read 1/23/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...