๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Briar Club, by Kate Quinn

The Briar Club
I've learned, through the years, that you just can't go wrong with a Kate Quinn novel. She has quickly become an auto-buy author for me, and I relish her work. Honestly, I've tried many a cozy mystery, and it is rare that I read one that I absolutely love, but this one was certainly an exception. Throw in some historical fiction, and I'm hooked from page one.

Set in DC during the Second Red Scare, it was fascinating to learn about the fear that enveloped people during that time. I fell in love with nearly every character, as they were all incredibly well-fleshed-out. I so love the concept of making the house itself a viable character; it added just the right touch of humor and charm to the story.

It was so witty of Ms. Quinn to include a nod to The Rose Code by including a relative of a character in that novel. I also appreciated that not only was the culprit of the crime a mystery for the reader, but so was the identity of the victim! The reader is therefore strung along in the hopes of discovering these two curious mysteries๐Ÿค”. It was also fun to discover the back stories of all of the characters along the way, and each one was more intriguing than the next. And I can't forget to rave about the recipes included with a humorous twist (iykyk๐Ÿ˜‚).

Bravo, Ms. Quinn! What a privilege to be given a gifted review copy prior to pub day, from partners , William Morrow Books and Netgalley! Thanks so much!

Read 7/9/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...