๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Love Elixir of Augusta Stern, by Lynda Cohen Loigman

The Love Elixir of Augusta Stern
This was such an unexpectedly delightful novel! Generally, I'm a pretty serious reader, and most days, you'll catch me reading a historical fiction novel or memoir. But when the opportunity for this unique magical realism novel was presented, I thought, ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’š ๐’๐’๐’•? and my goodness, am I happy I did!

Told in dual timeline format, this story dips into Augusta Stern's life both as a teen in New York and later as an 80-year-old woman in Florida, where she encounters an old flame. The entire time, the reader is brought along on this mini mystery quest to find out why their relationship ended all that time ago.

Generally, in dual timelines, I am most often immersed in the past, as it is often a richer, more in-depth story. However, I'll be honest, both of these time periods had me fully invested. I truly adored the focus on octogenarians and their ability to lead a very fulfilling existence, despite their old age.

If you're looking for a charming, insightful novel that's sure to bring a smile to your face, look no further!

So grateful to St. Martin's Press for this gifted review copy.

Read 10/8/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...