๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: Atonement, by Ian McEwan

Atonement

So Mr. McEwan's prose is beautiful, no doubt. He writes in an almost melodic manner. However, at the same time, his writing is incongruent - often jumping from one scenario to another without solid transitions. Also, in both of his works I've read, he's managed to throw in a shocker or two just to throw his readers for a loop. So, I can see why he is such a notorious author; his work sticks with his readers. The couple allusions to incest definitely turned me off, and I never formed any kind of bond with the characters. So, suffice to say, although he's not my favorite author, I can understand his lure!

Read 11/3/23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ: The Outlaw Noble Salt, by Amy Harmon

You'd best hop on the fastest train and grab yourself a copy of this magnificently-rendered novel. Only Amy Harmon can mak...